Southern Pine Company of Georgia was incorporated in 1895 with a reported capital of $1,250,000.00. The company of Georgia owned and operated docks at the Port of Brunswick and maintained offices in Savannah and New York. The major product sold by this company was the famous long-leaf pine which was offered as rough or finished lumber. The lumber was shipped to both foreign and domestic markets on a regular basis. This was a very prestigious lumber firm which contributed to the general development of Brunswick and Savannah,Georgia.